Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WikiLeaks- Good or Bad?

WikiLeaks: "WikiLeaks is an independent, non-profit online media organization that publishes submissions of otherwise unavailable documents from anonymous sources. The WikiLeaks website was launched in 2006 by the Sunshine Press."

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/wikileaks.html

I think the presentation on Wikileaks was pretty interesting. I really liked that we were able to discuss the negative and positives of Wikileaks. I wrote down some of the arguments that were made and I thought the class had some interesting points.

Good: Wikileaks are good because they give us first hand information on things that are occuring in our world that without wikileaks we would not know about. Some of this information is important and we need to know these things.

Bad: How do we know if wikileaks are realible? They might give us the wrong information and cause the country to get false information that might lead to a bad reaction? Paranoid country.

I really enjoyed the debate that went on in class. People gave some pretty strong and interesting arguments on how they felt. I was on the bad side where my group argued against wikileaks. However, personally I think that Wikileaks are positive. Wikileaks have provided very important information to the people that without this source we would not be aware of. It is our right to know what is going on in our world and wikileaks does a good job at disclosing this information.

No comments:

Post a Comment