Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Blogging Has Changed My Life

When I first entered this class I was afraid to blog and to share my opinion on the readings. I don't feel like I participated enough. However, I enjoyed all the debates and constructive criticism on the readings from my classmates. My classmates helped me understand the readings more and helped me gain a better perspective on the material. My classmates opinions many times even influenced my own.  I feel that this class really helped me express myself and really helped me gain knowledge about things that our happening in the world that affect me but that I never gave much thought to.

The media is an essential part of our lives. We are around media everyday. It influences the way we think, speak and view life. This class opened up my ideas to the affects of social media and helped me view my generation as one sucked in by this unrealistic realm. Prior to this class I did not have a Facebook. Even though sometimes the class readings and some of our discussions further steered me away from having a Facebook, this class gave me the courage to open up my Facebook again and not be a afraid to express my opinions and be one more face to the world. ( weird how that worked considering we did read many books this semester that discouraged us from using FB) However, the knowledge I have gained from the Digital Networks class is one that I will always remember. Digital Networks Class topics were topics that I would end up going home and have conversations about.

This course also introduced me to many people prior to this class I never knew before. Working with my classmates was a great experience because of the way we were able to view each others ways of thinking. I never really knew about blogging before this class. Now I find myself looking at other blogs aside from this class and becoming interested in a lot of the ways people think. Sometimes I fell behind with blogging but I can successfully say I caught up on all my blogs. Blogging was a great experience. I think blogging is an excellent resource and a positive one in terms of the media. I think that it is safe to say that blogging definitely had an impact in my life. I hope to share what I learned to others one day and maybe blog in the future once this class is completed.

1 comment: